WAO is a professional mobile outdoor activity instruction, guiding and outdoor learning provider.
Over 10 years of previous experience working in and studying the outdoor education sector has been put into its development.
We hold a high standard of operation led by highly experienced and qualified staff to help ensure a quality experience.
WAO are inspired by the outdoors and all that nature has to share with us and we want to share it with you!
We aim to give you the best adventure education experiences tailored to your needs and based on our expert knowledge.
We are passionate about the outdoors aiming for minimal environmental impact and developing environmental awareness.
We believe outdoor experiences can inspire, challenge and educate resulting in unique experiences and creating lasting memories.
WAO operate mainly through Sligo, Mayo and Galway, stretching Nationwide and sure we'll go for International too.
Developed Wild Atlantic Outdoors through over 10 years of experience of working, living and breathing the outdoors. Ciaran strives to share the outdoor world through expert instruction and guiding with extensive experience to enable the outdoors to inspire others as it did for him. He's been inspired by the outdoors from a young age through Scuba Diving, discovering and exploring the vast underwater world. Living in Sligo and Connemara naturally led his interests into a variety of areas of the outdoors; surrounded by mountains, the Atlantic ocean and the numerous islands along this stretch of the Wild Atlantic Way, it has given him a great platform to develop his love of the outdoors. He enjoys travelling to the far reaches of the world on his own adventures and continuously upskilling.
· Mountain Leader (Mountaineering Ireland)
· Single Pitch Award (Rock Climbing Instructor - Mountaineering Ireland)
· Remote Emergency Care First Aid Level 4
· Wilderness First Aid 4 (WMS)
· Survival and Bushcraft Skills
· Master Scuba Diver Trainer (PADI) (10+ Instructor Specialities**)
· Tec 45 (unlimited decompression, 100% O2 use)(PADI)
· Tec Sidemount (PADI)
· Freediver Instructor (PADI)
· Master Freediver (Apnea Total)
· Emergency First Response and O2 Provider Instructor (EFR)
· Advanced Power Boat Licence, commercially endorsed (ISA)
· Coastal Navigation (ISA)
· Safety Boat Licence (ISA)
· STCW (Safety Training and Competence on Watch on Board Ship)
· VHF (Short Range Radio Licence)
· Shorebased Yachtmaster (RYA)
· Offshore Yachtmaster, commercially endorsed (RYA)
· Whitewater Kayak Instructor Level 4 (Canoeing Ireland)
· Whitewater Kayak Proficiency Level 5 (Canoeing Ireland)
· River Safety and Rescue Level 3 (Canoeing Ireland)
· Whitewater Rescue Technician (Rescue 3)
· International Sea Kayak Coastal Guide (ISKGA)
· Coasteering Skills and Rescue (IACP)
· Coasteering Leader Award (IACP)
. Bachelor of Arts in Outdoor Learning (2016-2018)
· Fetac QQI Level 5 Outdoor Activity Instructor
· Child Protection in Sport Awareness
· EFVL-Solo Paragliding Licence
· Full Car Driving Licence
· Full Motorbike Licence
· NARGC-Firearms Safety course
** Enriched Air, Wreck Diver, Deep Diver, Boat Diver, Search & Recovery, Night Diver, Digital U/W Photographer,
U/W Navigation, Drysuit Diver, U/W Naturalist, Emergency O2 Provider.
A valued member of the team and if you're lucky you may get to meet him on a session. He enjoys the adventurous lifestyle and is always up for getting out there; He has summited mountains, Sea Kayaked but prefers someone else paddles the boat, pulled the bike like a sled for miles while Cycling, he's even done some of the jumps whilst Coasteering and he couldn't miss out on a good game of fetch at beach.